8.27.2006

School's in for the summer (really lame, i know)

School starts tommorow.

The one sentence that stikes fear in all children after the intial anticipation of 1st grade. It signifies an end of freedom, the start of colder fall days and long cold nights, the begining of responsibility and early mornings.

This has been my feeling for a long time. For some reason, this semester my emotions seem dulled. I really don't care too much. I'm glad I'm back, but it just seems that all life is full of responsiblity now, and it just comes in different forms. If it's not work or school, it's teaching Sunday School or going to church or moving to college or whatever else. There's always something. Gone are the days of lazy weeks hanging out with friends. That was high school.

I guess too many other things are on my mind that are more important. Now it seems that it's all about making time for what's important, whether that's friends or family or God.

1 comment:

howard roark said...

despite my not quite grasping what "intial" means - and it does sound rather undesirable - i think i understand the way you feel. you did a very good job of putting it into words.